Welcome to my site!

Over the years, I've always found myself working on various projects, for school, for others, for enjoyment and for myself...

I've dabbled in video editing, photo manipulation, audio mixing, podcast creation, game editing, storytelling, roleplaying & a host of other things I find entertaining.

Here I present my projects, both past and present. Have a look around; use the categories above to sort through various project types. As I rummage through my digital clutter and create new stuff, I'll continue updating this site. Comment if you want, and enjoy!




Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Media Center / HTPC backgrounds & history

Sooooo, a while back, along with most other people, I didn't know exactly who would win the HD-DVD / Blu-Ray format war.  I built a media center / HTPC instead of shelling out $800 bucks for a stand-alone first-gen Blu-ray player.  In my media center, I purchased an LG-SuperMulti Hybrid drive (HD-DVD / Blu-Ray reader).  Granted it was a sizable purchase at the time, but I successfully bypassed choosing sides.  To celebrate it, and to have a cool background for the pc, I created the following graphics showcasing both logos.

Inspired by a logo I saw once, I took a picture of woods outside when the light came through, then added a burst and place the logo on top.  The rings were from the image below, which I decided to reuse.

With both logos in the center, I originally wanted the oval to be purple and symbolize both combined.  However, I added the string of individual colors to emphasize their separation.  Then I reversed them so the red was on the opposite side and vice versa for the blue.  All in all, I left both of these as backgrounds for various applications and the OS itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment