Welcome to my site!

Over the years, I've always found myself working on various projects, for school, for others, for enjoyment and for myself...

I've dabbled in video editing, photo manipulation, audio mixing, podcast creation, game editing, storytelling, roleplaying & a host of other things I find entertaining.

Here I present my projects, both past and present. Have a look around; use the categories above to sort through various project types. As I rummage through my digital clutter and create new stuff, I'll continue updating this site. Comment if you want, and enjoy!




Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Artwork from Project Navi

Inspired by the anime Serial Experiments: Lain, I began developing a theme for Windows XP with a boot screen, and a login sequence similar to Lain's Navi computer.  In the beginning, it was a simple theme, but I began using a 3d desktop application, using the backdrops from the theme to enter various 'rooms' of icons.  When the development of the application went south, I just used the backgrounds and boot screen for my personal use.

I ran across the images while cleaning out a hard drive and was really surprised at how the art turned out. The 3d application allowed for lighting the backdrop, and as such, I didn't have to worry so much about how bright these pictures were.  If you can imagine a 40% darker contrast on them, with floating icons on top, that's what it was like. While they may be too chaotic to use as backgrounds now, they're fun to look at. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment