Welcome to my site!

Over the years, I've always found myself working on various projects, for school, for others, for enjoyment and for myself...

I've dabbled in video editing, photo manipulation, audio mixing, podcast creation, game editing, storytelling, roleplaying & a host of other things I find entertaining.

Here I present my projects, both past and present. Have a look around; use the categories above to sort through various project types. As I rummage through my digital clutter and create new stuff, I'll continue updating this site. Comment if you want, and enjoy!




Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Windows Art

So, I've created backgrounds and various graphical replacements for Windows over the years, and the following is some original artwork I created for that purpose.

What's really funny, is that if you compare these pics I made back in 1995-1999 to the intro animation from Windows 7, it's eerily similar.  Should have submitted the design to Microsoft... oh well. :(

Also note that some of these were created with Windows Paint, so don't be too judgmental :P

I remember adding this frog and going pixel-by-pixel to get the glouds to blend into the skewed Windows 96 label.  After it was done and I applied it to the login screen of Windows 95, I realized I forgot to do anything with the tree stem he hung from.  At that point, I gave up.  It was 'good enough'!
I used to go by SpIDer VeNoM, hence the reference.



This was a cloud concept I was paying around with before Windows Vista / Win 7.  Years after I created these images and Windows 7 started for the first time, I was reminded of these pics I created.  Should have submitted the design to Microsoft. :(



A strange combo, I was playing around with a ring around the earth, and it really started to resemble the MS logo for Internet Explorer.  If I remember correctly, I ditched my ring and superimposed the IE ringer just playing around.  Granted it's all pixelated and nasty, but hey it was cool back in the day!

I found another background involving clouds that I apparently spliced in with some waves.  Don't remember what I used this for, but I've included it with the OS stuff, since I used the Windows 95 clouds...

No comments:

Post a Comment