Welcome to my site!

Over the years, I've always found myself working on various projects, for school, for others, for enjoyment and for myself...

I've dabbled in video editing, photo manipulation, audio mixing, podcast creation, game editing, storytelling, roleplaying & a host of other things I find entertaining.

Here I present my projects, both past and present. Have a look around; use the categories above to sort through various project types. As I rummage through my digital clutter and create new stuff, I'll continue updating this site. Comment if you want, and enjoy!




Tuesday, November 19, 2013

STO Character Roleplay Captain's Blogs

(Apples on my Family Tree / Search for Apples)

While playing Star Trek Online, I ran into a few established role-players who were looking at changing up their story.  They had decided that by going and revisiting their character's past, new opportunities may present themselves to the stalemate they'd come to in their character's futures.  A noble concept, to be sure.  But then I stepped in and posed the question to them both: what if something in their past was altered, and changed their current continuity.  Both parties agreed that it would be something they could live with, and gave me the go-ahead to 'narrate' a new story for them.  I became so enthralled by the story, that I decided to write a blog through my character's experiences - in the form of personal logs & field reports.  The link above will take you to the logs (complete with screenshots taken while we were RPing the story), where you can experience the adventure.

5 comments:

  1. Greetings. I have been wondering where you get your dorsal view hull icons for your Star Trek Online ship charts. Do you make them yourself? I have been making a card game reminiscent of the old Star Trek CCG from Decipher (if anyone remembers that, besides me, let me know), and I would like to include hull icons for each class of ship on their respective cards, but damn if I can't find any good dorsal view icons off the Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. Yeah, I created the 'hull' icons. Basically, I took a screenshot of the ship in a dorsal view, cut it out and filled it in with a gradient fill & a soft outline. From there, I created the warp trails, shields, and wep eyecandy just by working with various feathering techniques. All-in-all, I really liked the way they turned out. Recently I jumped into STO and noticed the actual HUD of each ship shows a similar dorsal view, which you may be able to use in your card game. There are so many ships in there now though that it's going to take a while to gather.

      Delete
  2. Ah. I guess I will do the same. I was hoping to save time. Heh. But I've been making my own profile shots doing roughly the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyway, here's a link to a rough draft (version 19 so far) of what I'm working on: Star Trek Card Game USS Enterprise D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad at all. You may want to use the foundry in STO to load up different worlds for backdrops & place the ships in to get some screenshots. I had to do that a few times with ships I couldn't afford / couldn't get anyone to give me pics of.

      Delete