Welcome to my site!

Over the years, I've always found myself working on various projects, for school, for others, for enjoyment and for myself...

I've dabbled in video editing, photo manipulation, audio mixing, podcast creation, game editing, storytelling, roleplaying & a host of other things I find entertaining.

Here I present my projects, both past and present. Have a look around; use the categories above to sort through various project types. As I rummage through my digital clutter and create new stuff, I'll continue updating this site. Comment if you want, and enjoy!




Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Retribution

A while ago (1999 to be exact) I used to play Half-Life alot.  I mean ALOT.  We used to get together at a friend's house & hook up our systems via coax network & game.  Yeah, coax... with terminators and all. :)

Anyway, we got it in our head to make a mod for Half-Life.  It's name would be Retribution: You crash land on a planet, stranded and alone, but with a signal indicator telling you where your teammates had landed their escape pods.  As you exit from the crashed ship, you emerge in a heavy jungle, complete with the violent Kimera - a breed of monster so powerful, you'll need to equip some alien weaponry to accomplish your primary mission: survive!

We each had a responsibility with the project: I was the graphics/textures guy, a friend was a level designer, and another responsible for working with the code.  Needless-to-say, it was a project that went to the wayside.  In a last ditch effort to reinvigorate the team, I created some intro videos that (for a short time) inspired everyone to keep up the work & how awesome it would be for us to finish it.  Below are those vids.  (p.s. my handle was SpiderVenom way back then)


No comments:

Post a Comment